This recipe is another favorite here in our house this holiday season! It's another super easy baking recipe- which if you know me... you know I'm not the world's best baker so I try to keep it all as simple as possible. ;) Happy baking friends!
- 3 eggs
- French vanilla cake mix
- Snickerdoodle cookie mix
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup toffee bits (I used brownie brittle toffee & just crumbled it up)
- Cream cheese frosting (you can buy it already made but I'll also share my homemade cream cheese frosting in this blog post too)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You'll also need to get your 13"x9" ready & spray it with a little cooking spray.
- Open the snickerdoodle cookie mix & set aside 2 teaspoons for the topping on your toffee cake.
- In a large bowl- mix together the cookie mix, cake mix, melted butter, eggs & the rest of the cinnamon sugar. Once everything is mixed together, stir in 1/2 cup of the toffee bits.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes- this will depend upon how your oven bakes. My oven gets super hot & bakes super fast.
- Allow to cool completely & then spread the cream cheese frosting over the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mix & add the last cup of your toffee bits on top. Viola! Told you it was simple!
Krystle's Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Mix the butter & cream cheese together until it is smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time until it is all mixed together.
- Now it's time to add the vanilla extract, I usually do around 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract- this is totally up to you. Sometimes I add a little more.
- Use your mixer to mix it all up & you're all set.
Tip: It also tastes amazing heating it up for a few seconds in the microwave.