This is such a simple & cozy fall side dish recipe. The family loved it! And it was ready in no time at all. We paired it with BBQ grilled porkchops & collards but it makes the great side dish to chicken & rice, steak & potatoes & so much more!
Crockpot Honey & Brown Sugar Carrots
- 2lbs fresh carrots (I like to use the baby sized carrots)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey (I like to use local honey from my farmer's market)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (Cut into small squares)
- 1/4 cup water
- Dash of salt (optional & adjust according to your tasting preference)
- Add 1/4 cup water to the bottom of your crockpot.
- Add the whole bag of carrots.
- Top with brown sugars, honey, butter & salt.
- You can cook this on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours in your crockpot. Either way you chose to cook it, halfway through I like to stir it up but it's okay if you aren't able to do that, just be sure to stir it up before you serve it.
- Time to enjoy!
It's a super easy & budget friendly recipe that can easily be tweaked to your liking. We found this was the perfect amount of sweetness without it being too sweet. Enjoy & happy cooking, friend!