I'm so excited to finally be typing out some of my favorite recipes to share with you! I absolutely love cooking for those that I love & since I can't actually cook for you- the next best thing is sharing my recipes with you! I am not a professional cook, by any means! I'm just sharing a little of what I love to help bring a little extra cozy to your family time dinner meals.
My three bean salad is a HIT here in the Nickels' household- we all love it, even the kids! It's super simple & can be put together quickly.
3 Bean Salad
- 1 can green beans, drained
- 1 can wax beans, drained
- 1 can light kidney beans, drained
- 3/4 of an onion- I like to use white onion but sweet onion or purple onion will work too
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Stevia- or sugar but I prefer to use Stevia
- Drain all three cans of beans & mix them into a large bowl.
- Chop the onion, as much as you'd like, & add to the beans.
- Now it's time to add the red wine vinegar. This is something that I don't measure, I just kinda keep adding until I get the flavor we love. It doesn't need to be a ton & overbearing. Just several good splashes.
- Time for the olive oil. Again, this is something that I don't measure- but you want to make sure it is about even with the amount of vinegar you used.
- Add salt & pepper & Stevia to your liking & mix it all up. The sugar helps take away a bit of the tang from the red wine vinegar & gives it overall a great flavor. After mixing it up, be sure to take a quick taste test- here you can taste & add additional of whatever you'd like.
- Cover & let it rest in the fridge for several hours before serving. This tastes even better the next day after sitting overnight.
Tip: Less is more when you're not sure how much to add. You can always add more at the end- but you can't take away what you've already added. Start with less & then slowly add more until you acquire the taste you're looking for.
Happy cooking friend!