Simple Christmas cookies are my favorite- & can you seriously get any easier than 2 ingredients? Well, technically- three but the third one is optional. ;)
I'll get right to it so that you can get to baking. First up the ingredients: 2 pastry puff sheets + Nutella. You'll also want to find you cute holiday cookie cutters & get to baking! Be sure to tag me on Instagram (krystlemarienickels) if you make these- I'd love to see all of your beautiful holiday cookies!
- 2 pastry puff sheets
- a little flour
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Allow the pastry puff to come to room temperature & then lightly roll it out both sheets with a little flour & a rolling pin. Set one sheet to the side.
- Spread the Nutella over one of the sheets with an even layer.
- Add the other pastry sheet to the top.
- Time to use those cookie cutters.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper & bake at 400 degrees for 9-13 minutes, depending upon how large your cookies are.
- Allow them to cool for a few minutes before dusting with powdered sugar.
Tips I learned while making these:
- About halfway through, I used a fork to press the cookies down lightly. They will puff up & look a bit odd but when they cool down, they will go back down.
- You can use egg whites to lightly wash the top of the cookies if you'd like a slightly more brown look to your cookies.
- Press your cookie cutter down firmly & wiggle it carefully so that your cookie cuts perfectly.